18802 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2008 6:46 PM by kureno
Hopefully, you should be able to select the preferred language you wish to work in.
Go into System Preferences and Click on International in the 'Personal' section. In the 'Language' pane, you should be able to set the preferred language. Note the wording to the right of the list of languages
which reads 'Drag languages into the order you prefer for use in application menus, dialogs and sorting...' with the button below "Edit List". Clicking on this will open a pane 'Select the languages that appear in the Languages list'.
I'm not sure what will happen, but if you uncheck all languages except English, this could be the desired or preferred language chosen to correct your problem. Hope this helps.
Thanks to both of you. Sapper's response sounds promising. It didn't work immediately, but I will try to reinstall Safari under the new setting and see whether that helps.
DZGH_Operator's unconventional method worked for the menu, thank you! But other items (e.g. Google search) still remain Japanese. Any ideas?
Many Thanks again.
Hi there everybody.
I have the opposite problem here.
I am running an american/english system and want my Safari version to speak Italian, rather than English.
I tried renaming the it.lproj folder in en.lproj after having removed the latter but that didn't work.
Interestingly, upon starting Safari after the hack, I get the setup/installer window popping up asking me to wait for installation to complete, in Italian language.
When finished, Safari starts, again in English.
In the resources folder however, I find that a new folder it.lproj has been rebuilt...
System language preferences are all set to Italian, not really sure where to dig in further, as Windows isn't really my cup of coffee...
Perhaps some experienced Safari/windows users can shed some light into dll-****...
Hi there DZGH_Operator.
Copying all files from it.lproj into en.lproj did the trick.
A horrible hack, but very effective indeed.
Thank you a ton for suggesting, let's hope Apple will fix this otherwise superb application.
BTW, as I posted somewhere else already, iTunes on the same computer and settings works using the proper settings (Italian) without any external fix whereas QuickTime doesn't.
Looks like an obvious bug of the installer.