Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote appropriate for slideshow with sound

I want to make a kind of simple slideshow crossfading images with music. Is keynote up to this? I'd just as soon not get into movie or finalcut if I can help it.

Mac G5

Posted on Mar 23, 2008 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2008 2:28 PM

Keynote can't continue audio over different slides - the audio will start over again on each slide. You could do this on a single slide, with all of your images fading in and out over the music on that one slide, but this is awkward at best. If what you want to do is relatively simple, you could turn an iPhoto slide show with music into a Quicktime movie and show that. Or, something more sophisticated is FotoMagico from Boinx.com.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2008 2:28 PM in response to John Kernan

Keynote can't continue audio over different slides - the audio will start over again on each slide. You could do this on a single slide, with all of your images fading in and out over the music on that one slide, but this is awkward at best. If what you want to do is relatively simple, you could turn an iPhoto slide show with music into a Quicktime movie and show that. Or, something more sophisticated is FotoMagico from Boinx.com.

Keynote appropriate for slideshow with sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.