Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Galleries and 'losing' them

Hi

I posted a gallery and then told all my friends about it. Then I switched off my computer ... and I started to get all these messages saying people couldn't see anything any more. So I switched on the computer, and iPhoto and then they could see everything again.
From this I assume that Web Gallery only works when you have iPhoto and the computer itself running.
Is this correct? Seems a bit odd if it is.
Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.2), All the latest updates are loaded

Posted on Mar 24, 2008 3:24 PM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2008 3:32 PM in response to ThomDennis

From this I assume that Web Gallery only works when you have iPhoto and the computer itself running.
Is this correct?

No

the web gallery is uploaded to the .Mac site and resides there and is available 24/7 without regard to your being on - or even existing

My best guess is that you shut down before the gallery was fully synced and that later it completed - before you shut down after posting a large web gallery take a look at the little sync ion just to the right of the web gallery in your iPhoto source pane and be sure that it is not spinning

LN

Galleries and 'losing' them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.