Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very Happy with TV

I like to read these discussions, to find answers and just to hear what people have to say.
Human nature is to complain when things are not perfect whether its due to faulty hardware or even human error. I have to say my TV has been flawless since day one, which is exactly one year now.
I ordered a second one for the kids room that will be here tomorrow, everyone who visits asks about it and they are really impressed with it. While not everyone will not be happy all the time, these discussions should not be used in researching whether a product should be purchased or not. Happy customers never look to post as much as customers having issues.

iMac G5 20" Every iPod ever, iPhone 8GB., Mac OS X (10.5.2), TV 50" Samsung DLP

Posted on Mar 24, 2008 7:18 PM

5 replies

Mar 26, 2008 3:47 PM in response to iDad

Postive words are seldom heard... but they are good to hear. I have had my share of "issues" but due to forum replies, or other means we love our Apple TV. Yes, I wish it would do more, like record/Tivo like but it is integrated into my home theater system and works over my network just fine.

Personally I cannot wait for a subscriber service for music and movies...!

Mar 26, 2008 7:33 PM in response to iDad

I agree, but given that this is a support forum, I certainly expect to find mostly reports of problems. That doesn't mean that there aren't many of us out there enjoying the product.

I originally bought mine purely to store music for use in a pretty high-end audio system. I ripped all of my CD's (nearly a thousand) into Apple Lossless format, then connected the Apple TV's optical output to a good DAC. The result is that I have instant access to everything, and the sound quality is excellent. I never thought I'd use it for video at all, but have started downloading a few TV shows a week and am really enjoying that as well. At this point, it's almost the hub of my entire home entertainment system.

Very Happy with TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.