This discussion is archived
3958 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2008 8:32 PM by orangekay
Currently Being ModeratedMar 27, 2008 12:51 AM (in response to Switch900)If anyone had any idea on how fix your problem, they would have posted. All I can suggest is contact Adobe and EPSON. All of my installed profiles pass verification.G4 450 MP Gigabit 1.5 GB RAM/17" Flat-panel 1GHz iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.2), (also 10.4.11/9.2.2)
Currently Being ModeratedMay 22, 2008 10:59 PM (in response to michellebracken)I have the same issue and can not find any help on the subject. It says that this thread has been answered/fixed, but I dont see the solution to the problem.
Any help to this would be greatly appreciated. And if this has been answered or fixed, please point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance.MacBookPro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.2)
Currently Being ModeratedJun 17, 2008 7:18 PM (in response to Switch900)http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?14@@.3c054a15/1
i have similar problem, and i found the link above, it might be help? apparently you need to purchase some product though...crapG5, Mac OS X (10.5.3)
Currently Being ModeratedJun 17, 2008 7:50 PM (in response to Switch900)Hi,
I had similar problems with some of my profiles, and I was able to fix all of them. Here's what I did (if I remember correctly):
First, make a note of the location of the problem profiles. The path names are shown in the error messages from the Color Sync repair process, as you have shown.
Second, copy each of these problem profiles to some other location as a backup. You will be modifying them, so the backups will come in handy if you break something.
Third, locate each problem profile in the Finder and double-click it. It should open in the Color Sync Utility. In the topmost pane of the Color Sync Utility, you will see a list of tags along with associated properties "Data", "Size", and "Description". It seems that in all of your cases, the problem is that the tag size of one of the tags is incorrect. If I remember correctly, all I did was find the tag in question and delete the existing "Size" value for that tag, and close the window (I may have been prompted to save my changes, I don't recall. After that, I ran the repair process again, and the problem was fixed! It's possible that I wasn't able to simply change the size, and that I had to delete the tag in question and re-add it (make sure to write down the "Data" and "Description" values before you delete so you know what to enter when you recreate the tag). But I had about 11 or so "broken" profiles, and this enabled me to fix them all. Another thing I noticed is that subsequent runs of the repair process sometimes fix things that the first repair process couldn't fix. But eventually, I go to a point where subsequent repairs didn't accomplish anything, so I ended up doing what I described above to get all of my profiles fixed.
Hope this helps.
Ken12 G4 PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5.3), 1.125 Gb RAM