Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NEED HELP WITH COLOR SYNC UTILITY ERROR

I get this error when I scan to verify
Searching for profiles...
Checking 45 profiles...
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Recommended/CoatedFOGRA27.icc
Tag 'desc': Tag size is not correct.
/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/PrintingModule/SC740 Core.plugin/Contents/Resources/ICCProfiles/SC740360P.icc
Tag 'dmnd': Tag size is not correct.
/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/PrintingModule/SC740 Core.plugin/Contents/Resources/ICCProfiles/SC740GF.icc
/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/PrintingModule/SC740 Core.plugin/Contents/Resources/ICCProfiles/SC740PP.icc
/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/PrintingModule/SC740 Core.plugin/Contents/Resources/ICCProfiles/SC740PQP.icc
/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/PrintingModule/SC740 Core.plugin/Contents/Resources/ICCProfiles/SC740Standard.icc
Verify done - found 6 bad profiles.

can anyone help me it won´t repair either.

IMAC INTEL DUO CORE 2.0 G, 20 INCH BABY IPOD TOUCH 16 GIG, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2008 11:09 PM

7 replies

Jun 17, 2008 7:50 PM in response to Switch900

Hi,

I had similar problems with some of my profiles, and I was able to fix all of them. Here's what I did (if I remember correctly):

First, make a note of the location of the problem profiles. The path names are shown in the error messages from the Color Sync repair process, as you have shown.

Second, copy each of these problem profiles to some other location as a backup. You will be modifying them, so the backups will come in handy if you break something.

Third, locate each problem profile in the Finder and double-click it. It should open in the Color Sync Utility. In the topmost pane of the Color Sync Utility, you will see a list of tags along with associated properties "Data", "Size", and "Description". It seems that in all of your cases, the problem is that the tag size of one of the tags is incorrect. If I remember correctly, all I did was find the tag in question and delete the existing "Size" value for that tag, and close the window (I may have been prompted to save my changes, I don't recall. After that, I ran the repair process again, and the problem was fixed! It's possible that I wasn't able to simply change the size, and that I had to delete the tag in question and re-add it (make sure to write down the "Data" and "Description" values before you delete so you know what to enter when you recreate the tag). But I had about 11 or so "broken" profiles, and this enabled me to fix them all. Another thing I noticed is that subsequent runs of the repair process sometimes fix things that the first repair process couldn't fix. But eventually, I go to a point where subsequent repairs didn't accomplish anything, so I ended up doing what I described above to get all of my profiles fixed.

Hope this helps.

Ken

NEED HELP WITH COLOR SYNC UTILITY ERROR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.