2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2008 6:14 AM by Juan Pablo
Juan Pablo Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
I need help.

Every time I boot up or restart my Mac a window pops up with this message:

"An exception of class NilobjectException was not handled. The application must shut down."

I started to encounter this message after I've installed the latest software updates for Mac OS X. I was wondering what this message is all about, if this is bad or what.

Right now, I'm not experiencing anything unusual other than this annoying message every time I open my Mac.

Thanks

Powermac G5 Dual 2.3Ghz, Mac OS X (10.4.11)
  • Tom_X Level 5 Level 5 (5,260 points)
    The NilObjectException error is generated by program made in RealBasic.
    It means there was a mistake in programming it.
    I'm not experiencing anything unusual other than this annoying message every time I open my Mac.

Instead of clicking the Ok button when the window pops up, leave the error message up and move your cursor over the application in the Dock and its name should display.
    If that doesn't work, try checking the most recent system activities in the Consol Logs.
    The system log should give you a "launching - 'NilObjectException encountered' - etc.
    Also, you could try disabling any third-party applications in the System Preferences->Accounts->Login Items.

Tom

Message was edited by: Tom_X
  • Juan Pablo Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Hello Mr. Tom_X!

Thank you so much for your help.

I tried all the suggestions you've mentioned and what solved the problem was disabling a third party application in the System Preferences->Accounts->Login Items option field.

I praise God for people like you who unselfishly lend their skills to help other people in need.

Thank you so much.

God bless.