You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I download a new address book?

I accidentally deleted the address book that came with my Powerbook G4. I am running OSX 10.4.11 software now. How can I download a replacement copy of the address book? I have already looked at apple.com downloads, but there are so many downoads under "address book" that I don't really know what to do. Thank you.

powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Mar 26, 2008 1:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2008 2:17 PM

ptrivelas,

Welcome to Apple Discussions.

Custom installs in Mac OS X 10.4, explains how to reinstall specific OS X applications including Address Book 4.0. In order to bring Address Book up to the most current version you must also reapply the OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (PPC).

;~)

User uploaded file
5 replies

Mar 26, 2008 6:45 PM in response to Ferd II

Thank you, that worked well.

Now I have another problem. I am trying to bring my address book from the original desktop to a new one. I put the address book from the applications folder as well as the address book from the software support folder into the shared folder. I pulled them out onto the new desktop, but when I open the address book, non of my addresses are there, just a new empty address book.

Any ideas on what else I need to do?

Mar 26, 2008 7:11 PM in response to ptrivelas

ptrivelas,
I am trying to bring my address book from the original desktop to a new one.

Please define what you mean when you say "the original desktop to a new one." Is the original desktop in another user account on the same computer or a different computer?

If I am interpreting your situation correctly, the least complicated way to get the new information to a different account is to use Address Book>File>Back up Address Book... and copy that backup file to some other media of your choice.

Then open the new account and use Address Book>File>Revert to Address Book Backup... to get your information into the new account.

;~)

User uploaded file

how do I download a new address book?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.