Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Officejet 7410 Print Problems

I purchased an HP Officejet 7410 and set it up last night with the wireless. The Setup Assistant found the printer and I completed the installation.

When I try to print something, the Officejet prints what appears to be some kind of program code and a lot of blank pages of paper. It doesn't matter what I try to print. I tried to print a one sentence document and about thirty pages came out, most of them blank.

Anyone know how to rectify this problem?

Posted on Sep 18, 2005 10:24 AM

4 replies

Sep 20, 2005 8:05 PM in response to Chris Tsuchimoto

trash Mac HD/library/printers/HP
restart the Mac
Install the 7.3 (web installer for 10.2 and later) drivers from the hp website for the 7410.
Should work like a charm.

Apperantly Apple included bad drivers that break HP's drivers and only by removing that folder does it work properly.

(This apperantly works for All the HP All-in-One Printers)

Sep 21, 2005 11:48 AM in response to Jandsbob

Taking a peek across some of your vast and prominent 82 posts on this forum you've got some spelling beauties yourself 😉 What is this agent reference? Is that some kind of inside joke about the matrix? Wow I just joined this forum and in less then 24 hours someone with 'level 2' is making fun of my spelling, I love the Internet so much.

Snack away troll, but that's your own foot not mine in your mouth :P

Officejet 7410 Print Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.