Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung ML-1510 disappears after installing 10.4.2

After a recent glut of updates, both my g4 powerbook and my g5 powermac have stopped printing to my Samsung ML-1510 laser. The print queue merely says 'looking for printer' and shows me a throbbing blue candy stripe. Not useful.

This happens whether I try to print wirelessly or via USB. I have un-installed all drivers and started again to no effect.

This also happened when I first upgraded to Tiger but at that time I found that un-installing and re-installing the drivers worked, as long as I added the printer back via USB first and then through Bonjour (more like au revoir!) but this technique does not work now: the OS simply fails to see the printer, or the driver, at all.

Come on Apple: it's actually not reasonable to nix so many expensive printers just cos you're spending all your time on Intel and iPods.

Tim

Posted on Sep 28, 2005 3:17 AM

There are no replies.

Samsung ML-1510 disappears after installing 10.4.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.