0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2008 6:54 PM by Suzanne Butz
Suzanne Butz Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
Hello, I am hoping somebody can help me with this one.

My father is 78 years old and has been happily using his old Snow Mac for several years now, but it is time for an upgrade, so I am setting up his new iMac with Leopard.

Unfortunately, over the last few years, he has somehow managed to duplicate his Documents folder several times (he is up to Documents5....). He mostly has Microsoft Word documents in his various folders under the top level directory. It appears that he has been saving into the Documents folders 'randomly'. I am trying to work out which is the latest version of which file (and which files he has updated in different locations...). I would like to only transfer one version of each file/document to his new computer so that he can start afresh and lower some of the confusion. He has done well learning to use a computer and thank goodness we got him a Mac to start with. But it would be great to lower his confusion levels (and mine at this point).

Any suggestions on how on I can work out which files to copy would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

PowerBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.10)