Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting avi, mpeg and quicktime movies to play in front row

Having located the movies folder - I have created alias's for my movie folders on my external hard drive. However some of the these movies play perfectly well and some do not.
Also when I drag an mpeg movie into the folder to play in Front row - the sound comes through fine but without any picture.

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on Mar 28, 2008 2:46 AM

3 replies

Mar 28, 2008 8:19 PM in response to Groobs

...quite often even though files are named .avi or .mpg they are not of the same format as the codecs used to rip the files are different.

An ".avi" file is just a container. The audio and/or video inside the container can be any of hundreds of codecs. Perian is a good addition to QuickTime to add quite a few codecs to QuickTime and, therefore, Front Row.

-Doug

Getting avi, mpeg and quicktime movies to play in front row

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.