6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2008 5:59 AM by riseroo
themonkman Level 1 (0 points)
I have this aggravating problem with the "Login Items" list on 10.5.2. I migrated my account from an old Mac to my new Macbook. When I go to "Accounts" in System Preferences and try to click the "Login Items" button for my account, System Preferences just locks up. I've even tried deleting my "com.apple.loginitems.plist" to try to get rid of my old login items (consists of just a couple shared network drives) but it just magically reappears with all the original data as soon as I delete it. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? It doesn't occur with any other accounts I have on this machine.

I'd also like to add that I've even tried manually editing the com.apple.loginitems.plist with Property list editor to remove out any of my old login items to try to fix this problem. Even though I've made the changes, saved it, verified it, and even restarted my computer, the same settings keep coming back. Do these settings get cached and restored from somewhere? I'm going crazy over this because I can't add any new login items manually because of this issue.

Message was edited by: themonkman

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.2), 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD