Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air and USB Hub

Does anyone have any good experience with a USB hub and external drive on the MacBook Air ? I'm having problems with both. I've got a Belkin 4 port Swivel hub and a SimpleTech 250GB external drive. The USB hub fails at times and the 250GB drive is spotty at a best.

CS

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2008 11:37 AM

6 replies

Jun 11, 2008 4:20 AM in response to AppleFan888

I am having problems even using my iPod 4G, enabled disk use, to appear in my desktop. The same iPod is working fine on my Mac mini, and also on a PC (it is formatted as FAT32), but on the Macbook air, it is giving errors in the console, about not being able to enumerate the device. At other times, it is enumerated, but then, it does complain about some USB power regulation not been valid, etc. USB prober finds it, but it usually says that the device is suspended... I have seen similar errors in other threads (MAcbook Pro, working devices on 1 USB port, but not on the other...unfortenately the Air has only 1!)

I also tried a Iomega external disk (2,5'') but it does not mount when using the USB power...the same device works fine with several laptops...

Is my Macbook air malfunctioning? My iPhone works fine with it, so does my USB stick...

MacBook Air and USB Hub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.