Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lots of issues in Aperture, zooming into an image, Spot and Patch, retouch

Hello to all, well, I have to say that I just purchase a new MBP with Aperture. As much as I am satisfied with my MBP, I just can't appreciate any feature in Aperture 2.0 (now 2.1)

BUT seems like it is just me because nobody seems to talk about it on the forums so I need your help.

1- I simply cannot use any of the tools to correct an image in Aperture, I tried to use Spot and Patch and retouch to correct some impecfection if a face of my portrait and nothing can solve it, it always create a blur circle...What am I doing wrong?

2- Plus also how come you cannot zoom in just like in every other application, what is the use of the loop which is so slow when I cannot even apply a correction in it? I have to move the loop and than try to identify where is the correction and apply it... This is very strange... am I just to used to Photoshop?

3- Can I ask for a refund and buy Adobe Lightroom? Seems a lot better than Aperture for image correction and manipulation...

I still don't understand where they thought using a loop that way would be befinical for the users...

Thank you so much in advance.

MacBookPro, Mac OS X (10.5.2), 2 gigs of RAM

Posted on Mar 31, 2008 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2008 7:55 AM

1) Read the user manual
2) Read the user manual
3) Good luck with Adobe Lightroom

Karsten 🙂
6 replies

Mar 31, 2008 9:13 AM in response to iMacYou

Well.... after I read your email, I went back to the manual and read it over again... And god you were right... hehe It's easy once you start using it correctly.

Tks for your comment! But still I think you have more control because you really choose the way you want to clone the area but I would have liked an automatic select just like in Photoshop. But thanks to you!! I am back in love with Aperture... heheh So I have no choice, I have to go through the entire reading of the user guide... argg...

Mar 31, 2008 9:28 AM in response to Zembla

+1- I simply cannot use any of the tools to correct an image in Aperture, I tried to use Spot and Patch and retouch to correct some impecfection if a face of my portrait and nothing can solve it, it always create a blur circle...What am I doing wrong?+

If you can use the healing and clone tools in Photoshop, you can pick this up pretty fast.

+2- Plus also how come you cannot zoom in just like in every other application, what is the use of the loop which is so slow when I cannot even apply a correction in it? I have to move the loop and than try to identify where is the correction and apply it... This is very strange... am I just to used to Photoshop?+

Hover over the area you wish to see at 100% and type a "Z". It's actually one of the most efficient zoom methods I've use among the many photo apps. The loupe is most useful for quickly judging sharpness especially when you're trying to find the sharpest image from multiples of the same shot..

+3- Can I ask for a refund and buy Adobe Lightroom? Seems a lot better than Aperture for image correction and manipulation...+

No mfg I know of will accept returns on opened or pre-installed software

Mar 31, 2008 9:57 AM in response to Zembla

Here are a few links to some of the Aperture tutorial videos that may help you.

Retouch: http://www.apple.com/aperture/tutorials/#adjustedit-retouch
Loupe: http://www.apple.com/aperture/tutorials/#organizecompare-loupe
Zoom: http://www.apple.com/aperture/tutorials/#organizecompare-zoom

As already posted by others then returning your Aperture software package for a refund is probably not possible. Generally, the software industry provide trail versions in order to aviod returns.

Karsten 🙂

Lots of issues in Aperture, zooming into an image, Spot and Patch, retouch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.