Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPOD Shuffle PLay count does not update

hi

i have googled this but no proper answers, the play count just does not update, it has worked in the past, the first time i added music to the ipod but sinse changing the music it no longer works. Version 7.6.1.9. IS this a bug or is it not destined to work on the shuffle?

i am an IPOD noob, i bought this to convince myself into buying a larger model

can anybody advise the solution to this problem

Thx

N800V, Windows XP

Posted on Mar 31, 2008 11:36 AM

6 replies

Apr 1, 2008 12:30 AM in response to Katrina S.

hi

i am using what i belive is auto sync, itunes reports it is running a sync as soon as i put the device on the dock. i am manualy filling the ipod play list at the moment as i was hoping i could in the future use the count and ratings to create smart play lists. given its size, which is perfect for work and the volume of music i have on the laptop i am hoping i can make this work.

thanks in advance

Apr 1, 2008 12:58 PM in response to bigadds

hey

don't know if this helps but i added the contents of the ipod to a play list and then set the opton to auto fill from this play list. play some tune and eureka! play count has updated.

gonna try a few times to ensure this works but gotta pop over to Paris for a couple of days to do a job so i will test and write back at the weekend.

PS the date last played has also been updated which most searches say cant be done on a shuffle as the device has no internal clock.

IPOD Shuffle PLay count does not update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.