Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redndering Issue

Hi,

I have just got Final Cut Express 4.0 today but i'm already having problems.

I have a MacBook Pro, 2.16GHZ with 2GB of Ram, running Leopard, but for some reason, my video seems to want to render at every point?

I know Final Cut is supposed to be render free so whats going on, is there something in my settings i can change?

Basically i've imported a .mov file from the internet and i'm just playing it back!!! No effects or anything!

Mark

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Apr 1, 2008 3:21 AM

2 replies

Apr 1, 2008 4:10 AM in response to marktheeditor

FCE 4 can natively handle only standard DV (PAL and NTSC) movies and HDV and AVCHD movies (after converting them into AIC); any other format must be converted to any of the above before importing to FCE, or FCE will do it for you applying an initial rendering.

Note that .mov is just a Quicktime container: the actual codec used makes the difference. Just a guess: probably your .mov contains an MP4 movie (or any other codec) that FCE must first convert.

If instead your movie is one of those above, make sure to select an Easy Setup for your FCE sequence that matches the movie codec.

Piero

Redndering Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.