2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2008 5:56 PM by Martijn Samsom
Woodwyn Level 1 Level 1
expertise.iphone
iPhone
Having a number of problems with Mail, but retrieving e-mail was not one of them UNTIL NOW:

I just noticed one of my POP accounts behaves in Mail as though it is being polled and new messages being downloaded, but there was NO NEW incoming mail. Then I realized I WAS getting new messages from this account on my iPhone. I checked the settings on both the iPhone and Mail and they are identical. Neither device attempts to remove the message from the server and when I access the web-mail portal all of the e-mails are still on the server.

YET, MAIL logs in and without reporting any errors, simply logs off without retrieving the new messages. What's up with that? And it's just the one account. I have three POP accounts on the same server and the other two work normally. In fact so does this one, except it doesn't actually retrieve anything. It's like Mail is trying to fool me. OK, now I sound paranoid.

But seriously, how do I fix this?

MacBook Core Duo 2.0, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 2GB RAM/160GB 7200 HD
  • Martijn Samsom Level 1 Level 1
    Having same problem. Reset my Mail account settings. (trashed old one) After which it downloaded only messages from the server up to April 3. Any new messages after April 3 - although still on the server - will not download to Mail. Iphone is getting emails fine from the server.
  • Martijn Samsom Level 1 Level 1
    I don't know if this will fix your problem, but I had similar symptoms. After making absolutely sure my account settings were correct, I ended up resolving this issue by deleting all emails from the server. After that emails started coming in to mail again. Go figure. Just a note of caution, when you remove the emails from the server, they are permanently gone. They will disappear from your iPhone too, so make sure you back up info you need beforehand. Good luck.