Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove Screen Sharing

I have Apple remote desktop to another mac.

The application share computer was added it says screen sharing available and when i conect the screen is black.

How can i remove this application?

I delete it but didnt work.

Please i need help is urgent this remote is important.

thanks!

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Apr 1, 2008 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2008 9:38 AM

I'm not sure I follow what you are asking completely, so let me try to help.

The program Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) is purchased and easily removed. The part that allows other computers to connect to each other is part of the operating system and you don't want to remove that. You turn on and off remote access to your system, in the System Preferences / Sharing on systems thru 10.4.

If you have 2 copies of ARD and are trying to control one while the other is running. You have to allow it in the Preferences of the ARD application.

If you installed the same serial number on two machines, and now find that you can't have both running at once and wish to remove it from one system... go to /Library/Preferences/ and move com.apple.RemoteDesktop.plist and com.apple.RemoteManagement.plist to the Desktop. Restart the system and things should work correctly. If so then Trash the two files.

Hope this helps, John
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2008 9:38 AM in response to Marmas

I'm not sure I follow what you are asking completely, so let me try to help.

The program Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) is purchased and easily removed. The part that allows other computers to connect to each other is part of the operating system and you don't want to remove that. You turn on and off remote access to your system, in the System Preferences / Sharing on systems thru 10.4.

If you have 2 copies of ARD and are trying to control one while the other is running. You have to allow it in the Preferences of the ARD application.

If you installed the same serial number on two machines, and now find that you can't have both running at once and wish to remove it from one system... go to /Library/Preferences/ and move com.apple.RemoteDesktop.plist and com.apple.RemoteManagement.plist to the Desktop. Restart the system and things should work correctly. If so then Trash the two files.

Hope this helps, John

How to remove Screen Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.