Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail attaches an HTML file for each file that I attach

Every time I send a file, mail attaches an additional HTML file. The name is something like ATT0411.htm. How do I get rid of this?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Apr 3, 2008 3:17 PM

8 replies

May 7, 2008 7:06 AM in response to Shmoolik

same problem:

i send an email (osx 10.5.2, mail 3.2) with an attachment to outlook/windows user and they get besides my attachment an .htm file.
i think this happens because mail puts the attachment directly inside the text and outlook is not able to understand this.

but is there a solution for this problem? a plugin or a preference?

thank you for any suggestion
st-v

May 13, 2008 8:42 PM in response to st-v

same problem here, too.
yes, I clicked 'windows friendly' and yes, I clicked 'add to end of message'.

I tried sending the message as plain text - the HTM files went away, but were replaced with a blank .txt file.

And sending all my messages in plain text format is not optimal, in my opinion. I guess all my windows-running contacts will have to continue to scratch their heads over these 'extra' attachments.

Anyone have a solution?

May 14, 2008 7:42 AM in response to Kenjo

Hi,

I sometimes see these attachments when the sender is using an Exchange Server. Do you set behind an Exchange Server?

Do you have any Mail enhancement applications installed and in use? I am willing to investigate further, if you will send me a sample email where this happens. My address can be found by clicking on my name to the left and looking in the bio line of the resulting Profile.

Ernie

May 29, 2008 6:53 AM in response to Shmoolik

Has anyone figured this out yet? I forwarded an email yesterday with photos. Every single conversation was an .htm attached file. I looked at the mail once it was downloaded on Outlook and instead of reading the thread and having the photos attached, it was a bunch of .htm files. To read the email, my friend had to open each .htm file and try to put them in order. It is VERY bad.

Mail attaches an HTML file for each file that I attach

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.