Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote '08: How do I embed a logo onto a slide?

I am new to Keynote and am making a presentation. I'd like to embed our company's small logo somewhere on each slide...it should be in the same location on each type of slide.

How does one simply do that?

MacPro, MacBook Pro 17", iMac Duo, MBAir, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Apr 3, 2008 3:07 PM

3 replies

Jan 6, 2011 1:03 PM in response to Michael M Cohen

There may be an easier way to accomplish what you asked for (and if there isn't there SHOULD be) but try the following procedure; it will work:

1) Begin by choosing the theme and master that you want to use for the presentation and create your first slide. Save-As: give it a name and location to save.

2) On this first slide, create your header (if you want one) and insert the graphic image of your company's logo where and how you want it to appear on all other slides.

3) If you intend all (or even most) of your slide transitions to be the same type go to the Inspector > Transitions menu and create the one you want to use. This will save you the time and trouble of doing this for every slide you create. You always can change the Transition criteria for individual slides if you want to do so.

4) In the Slide Navigator (or Light-table) window, the slide you just created will be shown. Click on it to highlight it. Then Copy (Command-C) and Paste (Command-V) as many copies as you think you might need for the presentation. Don't worry, you always can add more or delete extras as needed.

Each of the copies will have the same attributes as the first slide. Into these, you can add or change anything you want, including the slide format, but the header, logo, and Transition will be exactly how you created them for the first slide.

IF you already have created your presentation, then the easiest way to add a logo in the same place is to create it on your first slide and Copy (Command-C) it. Then, on each succeeding slide (NOT in the navigator window, but on the slide itself) Paste (Command-V) it. It will appear exactly as it is on the first slide.

Good luck.

Jan 6, 2011 1:03 PM in response to Michael M Cohen

You can put the logo on the Master slides for your presentation, and it will appear on each slide that uses that master. Also, when you've placed the logo on one master (or slide) then copy the graphic, Keynote kindly remembers the location of the original, and will paste a copy in the same location on another master or slide. This makes it very easy to ensure that a graphic spread across several masters or slides appears in the same place each time.

Keynote '08: How do I embed a logo onto a slide?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.