Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

802.11n Enabler for MacBook under TimeCapsule

I have a MacBook. It indicates in the specs that the software to enable the wireless in this machine to work at 802.11n is supposed to be included on the disk with the Time Capsule. This would be similar to what you can do with the Airport Extreme software enabler.

Anyway I can't find anywhere at all in any of the software either in the Airport Utility or the disk itself. Does anyone have any idea how to do this or where the software is.

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5.2), None

Posted on Apr 5, 2008 9:35 PM

8 replies

Apr 6, 2008 10:51 AM in response to TheCraw

I read something from Apple that the "n" enabler is NOT needed for people running Leopard.

The enabler is NOT included with the TC disk.
I believe the enabler was included with the Airport Extreme disk however.

Still, according to Apple, if you have the earlier MacBook Core 2 Duo that was NOT "n" enabled, you no longer need to install it if you are running Leopard.

Joseph Kriz

User uploaded file

Apr 12, 2008 9:56 AM in response to Duane

Duane, thanks for the info !!!

I figure out what you mention while some more reasearch, I'm now evaluating the chance I've to upgrade my mac to support "n" with the wireless network module, but I'll need to be sure that I'll not break my laptop first, or decide on selling my actual mac and buying a new one.

Thanks for your help !

Carlos

802.11n Enabler for MacBook under TimeCapsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.