Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to upgrade to 1.1.4 - privileges error

I am unable to upgrade to iPhone 1.1.4, as in iTunes it comes up with the following message "there was a problem downloading the iPhone software for the iPhone "Neils iPhone". You do not have enough access privileges for this operation"

I successfully update all other software on the Mac including iTunes (up to 7.6.2) etc. it is with the iPhone that I see this error.

All other functionality syn'c correctly (contacts, photos etc.) but unable to upgrade. Note I have little amount syn'c at the moment

iPhone, Mac OS X (10.5.2), iPhone iTunes 7.6.2

Posted on Apr 6, 2008 12:31 PM

14 replies

Apr 9, 2008 2:34 PM in response to njinnes

Solved ! Contacted Apple support, and after a bit of time found that the error was due to the file "iphone software update" being corrupted (in my case missing), which is found in the folder in my home directory. The solution to this was that I had to create a new account and migrate over to this new account (not a pleasant task as took some time) but the iPhone update worked successfully.

unable to upgrade to 1.1.4 - privileges error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.