Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

overexposure to WIFI signals?

I feel I am suffering from overexposure to WIFI signals.
I have been using WIFI 802.11b/g for over 3 years without any discomforts, but recently I have started transferring large files using WIFI from my macbook pro 2.16 Ghz to an Apple Airport Express 802.11b/g then connected to a NAS.
Whenever I start the transfers I get a tingling sensation in my ears, feel a raise in the temperature of my head and also stomach and start feeling agitated. At first I though it was just my mind playing tricks, then I sat my girlfriend in front of my macbook pro and started a transfer.
I then asked her if she felt any different and she described the same symptoms.
I also use a logitech vx revolution wireless mouse that uses the 2.4 Ghz band for it's receiver. And whenever I transfer files it starts behaving erratically.

Here is the setting in case someone might be interested.
Apple Airport Express 802.11b/g
Multicast rate 2Mbps
Signal power 50%
Use interface robustness
Channel 10

Is anyone suffering similar symptoms?
I wanted to buy the new airport express N, but am starting to be afraid of wifi signals.

macbook pro 2.16ghz core 2 duo, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Apr 6, 2008 6:11 PM

2 replies

Apr 7, 2008 11:49 AM in response to marcom9

I had an AirPort Express until I recently replaced it with a Time Capsule and I can't say that I have experienced those symptoms. But that is not to say you are imagining things. If you are concerned about it, I would suggest taking it to a service provider or contact AppleCare by phone. I am not sure what the contact number is in Japan, but in the US it is: 800-275-2273. Good luck.

overexposure to WIFI signals?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.