Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Address Book searching failures

My search ability within Address Book (10.5.2) has gone kaflooey. I have roughly 950 people in the book. If I search for someone, chances are they won't appear. If I scroll through the list I'll find them fine.

If I edit the person and save, searching will then find that person.

I found instructions for Tiger on rebuilding Address Book's index, but doesn't work here (the index file, ABPerson.skIndexInverted, hasn't been updated since I installed Leopard).

Any thoughts? It's possible that Spotlight is responsible for this index, but I don't want to go down a full index rebuild unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 7, 2008 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2008 11:57 AM

Quit Address Book and drag ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/AddressBook-v22.abcddb to the desktop. It will be rebuilt from the details in Metadata when you restart AB. I find this fixes the problem - but I don't know what causes it.

User uploaded fileAK
7 replies

Jun 6, 2008 4:50 PM in response to Austin Kinsella1

Austin Kinsella1 wrote:
Quit Address Book and drag ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/AddressBook-v22.abcddb to the desktop. It will be rebuilt from the details in Metadata when you restart AB. I find this fixes the problem - but I don't know what causes it.

User uploaded fileAK

Wow. Worked perfectly! I noticed I started to have this problem after the 10.5.2 update.

Address Book searching failures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.