Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme Radius Support?

I am interested in buying an Airport Extreme, but I am wondering if it fully supports Radius? My server is running Windows 2008 Server and I would like to use WPA2 Enterprise.

Is this supported?
Did somebody already try it?

Thanks,
Jens

Posted on Apr 8, 2008 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2008 6:22 PM

If by fully support you mean run the radius server I don't know. I know when I looked into the RADIUS settings it asked to input a radius ip address.

P.S. I would have opted for 2k3 if I was going the Win Server route.
4 replies

Apr 14, 2008 1:43 PM in response to jstraten

Thanks for your replies.

However, I would like to hear from someone who is actually using it. I currently own an Access Point from Linksys and it also has configuration for Radius, but it doesn't support a proper protocol and so it doesn't work with any current Radius server...

Another note: I just upgraded from Windows Server 2003 to 2008 and, unlike the workstation Vista, I actually like it. Even though it is newer it is already stable.

Thanks,
Jens

Apr 17, 2008 9:37 AM in response to jstraten

Hi,
I too have a similar question? Has some one configured Apple Airport Extreme Base station (802.11n) with a Microsoft IAS Radius Server 2003 to support WPA2 Enterprise (WPA2 + AES) using certificate based EAP-TLS authentication and encryption?
If yes please provide the specifics of the IAS Radius server configuration.

Regards
gknke

Airport Extreme Radius Support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.