Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What Video Camera Should I get.

Hi,
I'm fairly new to FCS2 and am about to purchase a video camera. I need advice on what would be a good one to get. Nothing too professional, preferably affordable. I want something that will work well and won't limit me. I have some projects lined that involve stop motion.
So I don't know if that's a major factor in the make or model I should get..?
Any and all suggestions welcome!
Cheers!!

Macbook Pro, iMac, iBook, iPhone, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Apr 9, 2008 4:51 PM

2 replies

Apr 9, 2008 4:56 PM in response to eddyzang

If you don't want to spend a lot of money on a really nice lens and camera that will let you do enough manual control and you really want to do stop motion... I'd suggest getting a really good digital SLR. FCP will read the images you create one frame at a time and you'll get better control of your image and depth of field.

IF you don't care about that and you just want a video camera...

Well -- then you must answer... HD? SD? HDV will drive you nuts, but is workable. SD is getting harder to find but might indeed be what you want. Are you saying you want to stay under $500? 1000? 1500us??

CaptM

Apr 9, 2008 5:17 PM in response to Captain Mench

Well CaptM I guess I'd be around the $1000ish market. I kinda wanted to kill 2 birds with 1 stone with the video camera as the new SLR camera is a bit down the list of things to get. Just spent 2000 on the a new MBP! The funds are depleting fast!haha

+"Well -- then you must answer... HD? SD?"+
To be honest I don't know..I'm not too well versed...I'm a graphic designer and am just beginning to branch out into the world of video and motion graphics. I'm guessing you'd get more out of HD...yeah?

I'm just afraid if I got one without out doing some good research or getting some sound advice from the likes of yourselfs I be a few months down the line feeling restricted cause the camera I purchased couldn't do "a,b or c".

I guess really what I want is
1)something that'll work well with my Mac and FCS
2)has reasonably good quaility
3)somewhat affordable
4)firewire
5)and if it's not asking too much be good for stop motion

What Video Camera Should I get.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.