Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP or HP w2408h

Hi Guys,
Just ordered my Mac Pro 2.8Dual Quad and after reading some comments that the Cinema 23" has a slow response time (16ms) I cancelled the Cinema display ordered with it.

So now I need to find a display around that size that offers the clarity of the ACD and speed for gaming. I looked at the Dell and HP online and they both seem to be worthy of connection to my Mac Pro. Price wise the HP is about £100 ($200) cheaper than the Dell.

Any thoughts?

MacPro2.8DualQuad, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Apr 10, 2008 2:09 AM

2 replies

Apr 17, 2008 9:56 AM in response to connoleg

Hi, Yes I got one, and it is superb, in fact its a bit too bright so I turn the brightness down to about 50%, I certainly don;t have any problems with reds and response is incredible and not noticable on fast moving games. I have a HDMI to HDMI converter, the only issue I do get is if I turn it on before the mac has booted and I get a weird effect but just turning it off/on (takes about 3 seconds) completely cures it so not a big issue IMHO. But very pleased, its also a very smart looking device and supports rotation although I've never done other than to test as it looks absolutely enormous.
I don't think you will be disappointed.

Apr 17, 2008 10:18 AM in response to Goldsbd

Goldsbd wrote:
Hi, Yes I got one, and it is superb, in fact its a bit too bright so I turn the brightness down to about 50%, I certainly don;t have any problems with reds and response is incredible and not noticable on fast moving games. I have a HDMI to HDMI converter, the only issue I do get is if I turn it on before the mac has booted and I get a weird effect but just turning it off/on (takes about 3 seconds) completely cures it so not a big issue IMHO. But very pleased, its also a very smart looking device and supports rotation although I've never done other than to test as it looks absolutely enormous.
I don't think you will be disappointed.

Can you describe this "weird effect". Just curious.

Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP or HP w2408h

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.