Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote (and iWork in general) will not update automatically or manually

Keynote announced a new update (4.0.3), but the main software update center from the Apple menu did not find any update for it. Then I visited Apple.com to download the update manually. But once downloaded it would not install, saying that no eligible version of Keynote was found in my application folder.

Further information:

I encountered a similar problem when purchasing the iWork package in the first place. To begin with I just typed in the serial number into my expired trial package, only to encounter the same problem as described above: the software update center didn't find any update (in this case, the x.0.2 versions) and manually it it stated no eligible version was available. I then deleted the expired trial versions (which had been unlocked by the way, only fault was that they could not update) and reinstalled from the disc I purchased. And then the software update center from the Apple menu found the x.0.2 updates and all was alright.

But alas... Now Keynote once again refuses to update, as Pages and Numbers probably also would do come future updates. What should I do??

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Apr 10, 2008 11:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2008 5:30 AM

Welcome to the discussions, simon ki.

The most likely cause of this issue is when users have moved the iWork apps out of their respective iWork folder. Do you have Keynote in a folder labeled iWork '08?
7 replies

May 11, 2008 4:59 PM in response to Siddy Rocks

You know, there MIGHT be, but I'm not sure if it would interfere with the running of the program.

I'm not even sure why Apple feels it's important for iWork to be where they want it to be (iLife is the same way). I think others that have felt the need to organize the Applications folder (like the old OS9 way of doing things) have either determined that they'll have to constantly move folders or have decided it's not worth moving (or have moved their organization of apps to the Dock, for example).

Maybe that's why there's no solution to the .plist or .com question.

Keynote (and iWork in general) will not update automatically or manually

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.