You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bit rate too high error?

I tried to do a basic burn- no menus- dv footage- 6 minutes and I got a "bit rate too high" error.
I have done this type of burn many times- I never mess with the settings- what causes this?

I went in and lowered the bit rate from 6 to 4- and then it worked. But it was only 6 minutes of DV.
I've done projects much longer without getting this error- curious- why would it happen this time?

Macpro 3.0, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Apr 11, 2008 8:59 AM

2 replies

Apr 11, 2008 10:34 AM in response to Randolph Duke

6 was your average, but the highest rate may be a lot more. If your sound was left uncompressed, that would be about another 1.5 mbps. I'm not sure at what point the too high bit rate error shows, but it may be at 8 mbps, or something like that, which you could have reached.

Try either compressing the audio, or you could take the video data rate to perhaps 5.5 and hope that the peak isn't above 6.5.

The duration of the video doesn't affect the situation at all, other than if it was a very long video you would bound to be at a lower data rate.

Bit rate too high error?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.