Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CD Booklet and Cover

Have finished the album - really pleased with it. Now looking for a template to create a CD cover and booklet. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
dee

imac, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Apr 14, 2008 3:43 AM

7 replies

Apr 14, 2008 5:26 AM in response to Dee Handyside

There are some online mastering/copying services that provide templates for CD artwork if they are in the business of producing the finished product (professionally copied CDs in fully printed case) so you can use them for nothing (mostly useful for the exact size of the inserts - you'd need to use Photoshop or some such to do your artwork).

You can also buy specific programs for CD artwork which will give you a lot of images ready to place onto templates for inserts, CD labels etc and so make it easy if that's what you want - they cost about £30 or so in GB.

Apr 14, 2008 12:24 PM in response to Dee Handyside

hey there Dee,
Toast comes w/ a "lite" version of Discus, which has templates for booklet & jewel cases. also has some corny artwork. you can bring in your own artwork/photos, do a montage etc... i use it a lot for my video clients. i usually use white construction paper that i cut to fit in my inkjet printer--9" x12" to 8.5" x 12" & print on that or some sort of card stock/ heavy paper. avoid the sticky on-disc labels as they can become loose when they get warm & get the disc stuck, especially w/ the newer slot-type drives on laptops & in cars.

you may want to look into some of the print on disc inkjet printers for H-P & Epson for a short run say 6-10 discs or check w/ a company that will print your art on blank CD-Rs that you can then dupe yourself if you have a duplicator. i've done this w/ DiscMakers here in the States for a large run 300+ DVDs.

good luck

CD Booklet and Cover

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.