Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I Format/Erase my iPod Mini?

Hi there.
iPod mini, 6Gig with latest iTunes on Vista Ultimate SP1.

How can I format/delete everything on my iPod without erasing anything in iTunes. I want to rebuild my iPod and I am not sure if my iPod is keeping track of all the changes.

Regards,
Deon

iPos Mini, Windows Vista, Latest iTunes

Posted on Apr 14, 2008 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2010 6:47 AM

*How can I format/delete everything on my iPod without erasing anything in iTunes*

Restore your iPod in iTunes. Restoring will erase the iPod's hard drive, reload the software and put it back to default settings (it doesn't affect anything you have in the iTunes library on your computer). Once the restore is complete follow the on screen instructions to name the iPod and automatically sync your songs and videos onto the fresh installation. Press Done and the iPod will appear in iTunes and start to sync. If you want to update manually or using selected playlists uncheck the box beside the sync automatically instruction and press Done, it will default to manual mode and you can choose whatever setting you like: Restoring iPod to factory settings with iTunes 7
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2010 6:47 AM in response to DeonH

*How can I format/delete everything on my iPod without erasing anything in iTunes*

Restore your iPod in iTunes. Restoring will erase the iPod's hard drive, reload the software and put it back to default settings (it doesn't affect anything you have in the iTunes library on your computer). Once the restore is complete follow the on screen instructions to name the iPod and automatically sync your songs and videos onto the fresh installation. Press Done and the iPod will appear in iTunes and start to sync. If you want to update manually or using selected playlists uncheck the box beside the sync automatically instruction and press Done, it will default to manual mode and you can choose whatever setting you like: Restoring iPod to factory settings with iTunes 7

How can I Format/Erase my iPod Mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.