Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Not Reading/Writing Midi Information Correctly

I am new to Logic and to the world of midi in general -- so please go easy on me. Here is the problem I am having:

I am using an M-Audio Keystation 88 Pro with a Roland EV-5 Expression pedal plugged into the volume control. When I play software based instruments with this set up (such as Garritan's Solo Cello) everything sounds fine. But, when I record the performance in Logic 8 and play it back, it appears that Logic 8 is playing back incorrect Midi info. For instance, if I do a crescendo from 0 to 127 using the expression pedal and record it, Logic plays it back in a way that sounds like it starts out at around 127 and then drops to a lower number and kind of "flutters" back up into the crescendo.

I am not sure what is causing this and any help would be appreciated.

Mac Book Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Apr 15, 2008 2:49 PM

1 reply

Logic Not Reading/Writing Midi Information Correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.