Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What printers DO work with OSX 10.5?

I have (or had) two printers, an older HP laserjet 1012 and a newer HP Deskjet F380 all in one. Both worked fine when I ran OS X 10.4, but are completely unreliable with Leopard. The F380 won't print at all anymore, and the 1012 will print SOMETIMES after I ignore the warning window that comes up with each attempt to print telling me that the printer has crashed.

Reading these forums, it looks like a lot of people are having problems with printers.

I'd like to go ahead and get a new printer, and am wondering which brands and models are actually working?

24" iMac Intel Duo Core, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Apr 18, 2008 7:11 PM

18 replies

Apr 19, 2008 3:49 AM in response to ParallelP

Here's my thoughts
1,Isolate what causes this issue.Printer,Mac os x or the compatability issue.
+Test your printer with other Macs running Leopard
+To check out if there are any software&driver updates available(Particularly those for Leopard) from the printer manufacturer
2,If you prefer to purchase a new one,refer to this article

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.5/en/8182.html

Apr 19, 2008 10:07 AM in response to ParallelP

I have bought two of the new OfficeJet J6480 on sale at Best Buy for $200. Wired and wireless networking. All the bells and whistles. Great scans and copies. The Mac interface software works very well.

This multi-function is a great choice if you want something a little more heavy duty than the deskjet or photosmart series. Even has a built-in fax modem.

Apr 19, 2008 6:15 PM in response to Noiseboy2006

Ok.. ok.. HP7210 All-in -one, HP J5750 All-in-one, HP Deskjet 5550, HP Laserjet 4000N, HP Laserjet 4600, HP Color Laserjet 8550, HP Laserjet 8000, and HP Deskjet 960C. The HP All-in-ones are fully functional over Ethernet.

Some have had trouble "finding" the printers on the network. I have discovered that installing them by pressing for "More printers" while adding a printer works fine.

Message was edited by: Russa

What printers DO work with OSX 10.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.