Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are the pictures for the screen savers stored?

I'd like to add some of my own photos to the "Nature Patterns" screen saver, but for the life of me (and Spotlight), I can't figure out where those images are being stored. Anybody know where the photos for the default slideshow screen savers ("Nature Patterns," "Cosmos," "Beach," etc.) are stored?

Posted on May 23, 2005 9:09 AM

7 replies

May 23, 2005 11:53 AM in response to John C Chamberlin

John

They are stored in "/System/Library/Screen Savers/".
You will find the photos in the package content "contents->Resources".

I am not sure if you can add photos to them and I didn't want to try it.
You could alternatively change the settings of the Screen Saver to iPhoto or iPhoto Selection containing your own selection.

(EDIT): ooops, there was another poster faster than me...

Jul 19, 2005 11:03 PM in response to John C Chamberlin

You can use pictures from anywhere on your hard drive. I think if you look at the bottom of the screen saver selection window, it says "Choose Folder". Create a folder and place the pictures in the folder you want to use. Navigate to the folder and select. And like MacOne said, you can use iPhoto. With iPhoto, it doesn't discriminate. It will display all the pictures in your library. If you want to use just certain pictures from your iPhoto library you can select just the ones you want to use and export them in the JPEG format, then place them in the folder you want to use. If you'll create the folder under your pictures folder it will get backed up with your data. Then select that folder with the screen saver option "Choose Folder" If you need any help with the export process, just ask.

Later & Luck

Where are the pictures for the screen savers stored?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.