Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using parts of default themes in other ones...

This should be a simple thing, but I can't figure it out so far. I'm using Keynote '08. I want to use the graph paper images that is the image fill background of the default graph paper theme, but I want to use it as a shape fill for a slide made with the plain white theme. If I knew where it was located, that'd help, but even though the graph paper theme uses that image, it won't reveal the 'secret' location of where that file might be.

It's a real pain that there doesn't appear to be a library or collection of standard fill images.

Any help, please?

15.4" MBP 2.5, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Apr 19, 2008 1:36 PM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2008 3:01 PM in response to OrionOxotnik

Right or control click on the Keynote app icon in your Applications folder. From the pop-up menu select "Show Package Contents." The path you want is Contents/Resources. In Resources you will find the Keynote app's image files as well as a Themes folder in which there is a Shared folder and a LegacyAssets folder. You can copy any of these images to the Desktop. _Do Not_ alter any of these files. These files belong to the Keynote application. Close all of the folders once you've found the image file you're looking for.

Apr 19, 2008 5:57 PM in response to Montana

I looked through all of the files in the Contents/Resources/Themes/Shared but didn't see the image used as the graph paper background. In Content/Resources/Themes/LegacyAssets there are only pdf files, though a couple of them had the graph paper look to them. It seems like there should be a simple image file though. I even opened up the graph paper .kth files but remain puzzled by where the background image in question lies.

Using parts of default themes in other ones...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.