Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Serial Number not displayed in System Profiler

When I call up System Profiler, the position "Serial Number" indicates "SystemSerialNumb" instead of the serial number. It's not a problem right now, but it's strange nevertheless.

MacPro, Macbook, Mac OS X (10.4.11), ...Mac Plus 4MB

Posted on Apr 20, 2008 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2008 5:47 AM

Is it refurbished or just came back from repairs if so it was caused by laziness on Aplle's part. Easily fixed at store.
10 replies

Apr 22, 2008 2:16 AM in response to should of

No need to get excited. Although you did not say exactly the same thing, your advise was very valuable too (I actually failed to acknowledge that there were two people giving me replies). I also enjoyed the extra detail I got in the second mail.

P.S. I did not realize until now how much this is a race for those little yellow and green stars on this board. Man, this is mainly for people to exchange experience and not an MMORPG 😉

Apr 25, 2008 1:02 AM in response to should of

You are right, particularly about the time estimation. As a graphist, I know these situations too well that people would come up and say "I've got something that will probably only take you five minutes". I always ask myself wether it's more an overestimation of my capabilities or an underestimation of how difficult my job is, but I guess it's mostly whishful thinking that it's gonna be very cheap 😉

Serial Number not displayed in System Profiler

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.