Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicklook freezes the whole system while viewing several images...

Hi,

I am trying to preview multiple images (jpeg) in Quick Look from Finder. It work perfectly on a first try. Selecting another multiple images and using Quick Look freezes the whole system does not respond any more. Have to use Force Restart every-time to get my computer back.

Is anyone having the same problem? how did you resolve it?

Sys: OSX leopard 10.5.2. Mac book pro (bought last November '07).

mbp, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Apr 20, 2008 4:23 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2008 10:08 PM in response to samvel

I am having the same problem. Went to my local mac store, they didn't know about this problem. Then i tried to reproduce the problem on their MBP's in store, took me about 30 seconds per MBP (15"/17" latest model) to reproduce. (Switch to single image to lightbox view back an forth) I tried to report the problem to apple, but you need to be a registered developer to be able to report this kind of errors... something to improve for apple here i think.
I tried to reproduce the same issue on imac's with no result. So probably it is a video driver or firmware issue. I do not use quick look anymore and will try it after release 10.5.3.

Quicklook freezes the whole system while viewing several images...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.