Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

full screen vs. desktop

I like to use my photos as desktop images and I expect that the way I see them full screen in Aperture is the way I see them on my desktop. This is however not the case. The picture are on the desktop much darker. I have a custom profile for my screen created using Supercal. I switched the proofing profile to these Supercal settings and switched proofing profile off alltogether, but Aperture and the Desktop remain wide apart.

How can that be?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Apr 21, 2008 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2008 2:03 PM

Supercal isn't a calibration. You need a hardware calibrator.

Also, if you have onscreen proofing enabled in Aperture, what you see on your desktop will be different. Desktop pictures aren't "proofed."
4 replies

Apr 22, 2008 6:27 AM in response to Locomotief

I beleive that the picture placed on your desktop is the jpeg preview generated by Aperture and not the master file. Is it possible that you haven't update the image preview after you made your adjustments?

try updating the image preview in Aperture, then switch your desktop image to any other image and than come back to your image (just to have it refreshed). this should do it.

Apr 22, 2008 1:37 PM in response to SeaBeast

Refreshing the previews did not work unfortunately, but I feel there is some logic in both of your suggestions, for which I want to thank you by the way. Probably the desktop image is not the original RAW picture and that is one way or the other the reason that the desktop looks different. Nevertheless I find it strange and I'm not happy with it.

Oh yes, I did not quite follow the 'hardware callibration'. Is there a difference?

full screen vs. desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.