Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

full screen vs. desktop

1447 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2008 10:28 AM by Locomotief RSS
Locomotief Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 21, 2008 12:22 PM
I like to use my photos as desktop images and I expect that the way I see them full screen in Aperture is the way I see them on my desktop. This is however not the case. The picture are on the desktop much darker. I have a custom profile for my screen created using Supercal. I switched the proofing profile to these Supercal settings and switched proofing profile off alltogether, but Aperture and the Desktop remain wide apart.

How can that be?
MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.2)
  • William Lloyd Level 6 Level 6 (19,220 points)
    Apr 21, 2008 2:03 PM (in response to Locomotief)
    Supercal isn't a calibration. You need a hardware calibrator.

Also, if you have onscreen proofing enabled in Aperture, what you see on your desktop will be different. Desktop pictures aren't "proofed."
    8-Core Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.2)
  • SeaBeast Level 4 Level 4 (2,835 points)
    Apr 22, 2008 6:27 AM (in response to Locomotief)
    I beleive that the picture placed on your desktop is the jpeg preview generated by Aperture and not the master file. Is it possible that you haven't update the image preview after you made your adjustments?

try updating the image preview in Aperture, then switch your desktop image to any other image and than come back to your image (just to have it refreshed). this should do it.
     MacBook Pro | 2.5GHz | 17-inch |, Mac OS X (10.5.2), | 4GoRAM | airport express | wireless MM | iPod photo 20go | LaCie d2 Quadra

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.