Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

aac protected file and Sonos

How can I play the AAC protected files that I bought from iTunes via my Sonos system? These songs are shown on my laptop but not on my Sonos Controller.

Thanks

laptop, Windows XP

Posted on Apr 22, 2008 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2008 12:55 PM

Sorry, but you can't. Tracks from the iTunes Store that carry copy protection cannot be played on any device other than one from Apple (or the few Motorola phones that have iTunes built in). All you can do with such tracks to play on other devices is burn the tracks to audio CD, which then works just as would any other audio CD.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2008 12:55 PM in response to quelfes

Sorry, but you can't. Tracks from the iTunes Store that carry copy protection cannot be played on any device other than one from Apple (or the few Motorola phones that have iTunes built in). All you can do with such tracks to play on other devices is burn the tracks to audio CD, which then works just as would any other audio CD.

aac protected file and Sonos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.