5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2008 11:48 AM by David Markowitz
living the dream in Montana Level 1 (0 points)
Hello,
Am trying to sync a treo 650 with isync. I keep getting the message "i Sync conduit: received Null message, disconnecting" and nothing syncs.

Any suggestions Anyone???
Help greatly appreciated

intel duo core 2ghz imac, Mac OS X (10.5.2)
  • Michael Lafferty Level 6 (16,080 points)
    Welcome to Apple Discussions.

You can workaround this issue in Mac SO X 10.5 and later releases by…

• eliminating Groups in your Address Book
    • turning off Contacts to synchronize calendars, the Calendars to synchronize contacts
  • ChazH Level 1 (10 points)
    I have the same problem with my Contact sync, and tried both suggestions at the same time (eliminate groups and turn off calendars sync), but it still did not work.

Any other ideas?

Chaz
  • Michael Lafferty Level 6 (16,080 points)
    Sure: use the Missing Sync for Palm OS instead of iSync and the iSync Palm Conduit.
  • David Markowitz Level 1 (35 points)
    Ok, this is seriously messed up. There has to be another way to sync to the palm w/o deleting groups or getting a $40 piece of software (and other than using the Palm desktop software since my latest data is in iCal and Address book). I have a number of groups in my address book and I don't want to have to delete them, especially since in 2 weeks when the new iPhone is coming out, I'll be getting that.

I managed to delete all the contacts from my treo after resetting it in isync because the syncing wasn't working (and before I knew about this issue). There's no way I can put them back?!?
  • David Markowitz Level 1 (35 points)
    Ok I figured out a solution. I exported my address book, then deleted all the groups, synced, then reimported the address book archive file. Other than not transferring every bit of information (like the birthdays didn't get transferred), it worked (and I didn't have to disable contacts to do address book or vice versa). That's a lame solution, but it should get me through the next 2 weeks.