Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is "Voice Connect"?

Within Phone Settings, under AT&T services, there is an option titled "Voice Connect."

I assumed this is a feature that allows you to dial out by voice, but I can't find anything about it in the User Guide, and using it results in a recorded voice listing categories that I can't understand (due to distortion).

Anyone know what this is all about?

Thanks!

G5 Dual 2.0, Mac OS X (10.5.2), 2.5 GB RAM

Posted on Apr 24, 2008 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2008 10:00 AM

its not an iphone feature - the iPhone doesnt 9yet) have voice dialing) - i believe its a feature you can add to your ATT plan (for a fee) that allows you to speak a phone number into the phone and it will dial it - but check with ATT customer service
2 replies

Apr 25, 2008 12:31 PM in response to Impish

Voice Connect refers to ATT "online" voice dialing service. I have it and find that it recognizes my commands about 50% of the time. In addition to dialing numbers, it has some news and information features. Since its an online service, you have to maintain your contacts list at the Voice Dial web site.
Also, you have to dial their number (*08) anytime you want to make a phone call; you can use the 'last number redial' feature on your headset to make it easier - but must always make sure that *08 was the last number dialed from your iphone. I've pretty much decided its easier just to use favorites list on the iphone instead of AT&T's voice dial service.
Allan

What is "Voice Connect"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.