Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ERROR 1418

I need help, my iPod has been giving me the same error 1418 everytime i restore it.. I did everything i possible could.. followed the steps of error 1413. Nothing helps. They iPod also doesn't show on my pc nor my iTunes. It doesn't wanna turn on either.. it doesn't do anything..
NEED HELP !!! getting really frustratedd..

Posted on Apr 24, 2008 10:14 AM

5 replies

May 1, 2008 3:38 PM in response to She-netti

+my iPod has been giving me the same error 1418 everytime i restore it.. I did everything i possible could.. followed the steps of error 1413.+

The 1413 is a bit different from the other error message codes.

I know you've tried a couple of things from the following document (some of them are mentioned in the link deggie gave you), but have you tried all of them?

Error 1415, 1417, 1418, or 1428 when restoring or updating an iPod in iTunes 7 or later

May 4, 2008 3:56 PM in response to b noir

yea i tried it all.. i even went to the apple store and the guy told me.. it can't be fixed (he never heard of the error btw).. according to him the error is an indication that there's something wrong with the harddisk or the battery..

I don't think that's the problem though.. I bought my iPod a year ago.. unfortunately the warranty was expired like 3 months ago. I've always charged my battery till the iPod was completely dead (so it's not the batt).. Every since i updated my Ipod (i got a msg from iTunes to update my iPod).. it was working.. till i charged it again.. That's when it didn't want to turn on again or show any sign of life..

May 5, 2008 7:45 AM in response to She-netti

LOL! Ya know...I've had a couple of these Ipods (my kids) and have fairly good diagnose & repair abilities. It seems Apple support representatives know very little and are of no help! Who knows, maybe Apple has set this up as a "business model" to further screw everyone. I have never experienced such lack of support or empathy towards ones' customer's. It's like entering the twilight zone..?
Please call Apple at 1-800-275-2273. They were very nice to me on the phone and ask them to look into this. The more reports they receive, the better chance we have that Apple will stand behind the Ipod and rectify their mistake.

ERROR 1418

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.