Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Send email w/Apple Mail connected to Exchange Server 2007

I've tried to connect to our OWA Exchange server w/Entourage and nobody can help me to make it work. I can connect w/Apple Mail and recieve fine, but I can't send email. Any ideas or suggestions on how to allow me to send out email w/Apple Mail??

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Apr 25, 2008 5:30 AM

2 replies

Jun 8, 2008 4:42 PM in response to JDonS

Hello:

I have the same issue. I am on a Macbook Pro 2 Gb RAM Rev A. OS X 10.5.3 apple mail 3.3. I have setup a corporate exchange owa (2007) account and can receive emails. I cannot send any from this exchange account. on the same Mac I have Entourage and it can receive and send emails. What is the difference and what do I have to do to make Apple Mail work and be able to send emails as well.

Thanks,
-Hrair@mac.com

Jun 10, 2008 3:39 PM in response to Hrair Tcholakian

Hello, have you guys checked the ports that the programs are trying to send through? My Mail is working with 993.

For Entourage, I was experiencing the same issue where I couldn't send and it was because I was using the wrong port. Check and make sure your SMTP port is 587. I think this should fix your problem. It worked for mine before I realized that Entourage *****.

Can't Send email w/Apple Mail connected to Exchange Server 2007

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.