Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Admin Utility

I accidentally upgraded it to the Graphite/Snow version. Now I can't use it. Where can you download the previous version?

Posted on Apr 26, 2008 12:09 PM

12 replies

Apr 26, 2008 2:51 PM in response to zgeniez

I'm not even sure where Airport Admin Utility comes from. I only recently used it as I purchased an Airport Express (n). I was trying to set up a new profile and it wasn't letting me do that. Said it was the wrong version so I updated it with out really looking at the details in the update. Now I can't use it at all and can't find the older version.

Does the admin utility come on the OS installation disk or is it specific to the airport express? I have a Linksys router hooked up to the internet....not an apple airport.

Apr 26, 2008 6:02 PM in response to zgeniez

_ http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/airportutility531fortiger.html_

About AirPort Admin Utility 5.3.1 for Tiger
Wireless networking that works with most Wi-Fi enabled devices, including Mac, PC, iPhone, iPod touch, and more.

What’s New in this Version
AirPort Utility v5.3.1 is the simple to use, setup and management utility for the AirPort Express Base Station, the AirPort Extreme Base Station and Time Capsule.

Joe
User uploaded file

Apr 27, 2008 11:21 AM in response to zgeniez

The AirPort Express Base Station (AX) can store up to five different configuration profiles. You will need to use the AirPort Utility, located in Applications/Utilities to create & save these profiles.

To create a new profile:
o Open AirPort Utility, select your AX from the list, and then, click "Manual Setup."
o From the AirPort Utility menu, select "Base Station," and then "Manage Profiles."
o Click "+" to create a new profile; give it a name, and then, click OK.
o Set options, such as network name, passwords, Internet connection method, etc.
o When done setting the options, click Update.

To switch profiles:
o Open the AirPort Utility, select your AX from the list, and then, click "Manual Setup."
o From the AirPort Utility menu, select "Base Station," and then "Manage Profiles."
o Click on the desired profile, and then, click OK to apply the new profile and restart the AX.

Just remember to switch to the desired configuration profile before removing power from the AX.

Apr 27, 2008 12:22 PM in response to Tesserax

Ok...I understand it all now. You don't need to use the Aiport 'Admin' Utility. You do it all from the "Airport Utility". I was not going up to the menu bar to choose base station, and that is where the profiles are found. Thanks for the help there!!

This still does not help with the fact that I can't go back to the previous version of the Airport "Admin" Utility...but then I guess I really don't have a use for it if I can do everything I need with the simple Airport Utility. Thanks again!

Airport Admin Utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.