Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer Running Constantly in Sleep Mode

I bought a new MBP in March and it seems to have a strange problem with sleep mode. When I close the notebook, I notice that the computer keeps "booting up" - i.e. I can hear the hard drive spin and the white apple on the top of the MBP lights up". This happens off and on for as a long as its in sleep mode, and the computer is warm to the touch when I start it up again.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is this putting excess stress on my hard drive, etc?

MBP - Penryn, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Apr 26, 2008 11:06 PM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2008 5:45 AM in response to Murahachibu

It's definitely not right! A common cause of "insomnia" like this is USB devices - do you have any plugged in? External USB hard drives will do this.

If it's not USB bus activity, I'm not sure what it is. I wouldn't necessarily expect a PRAM reset to resolve this, but an SMC reset might. (That won't help if the culprit is a USB device - the only solution there is to unplug all USB devices before closing the lid.)

You can contact AppleCare here:

http://www.apple.com/support/contact/phone_contacts.html

Hope this helps...

Computer Running Constantly in Sleep Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.