Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Software on the PlayStation 3

So when is Sony and apple going to get together and add the Apple TV or Front Row software to the PS3? This would benefit both companies, Sony will sell more units because people already know the and use the software and Apple will make money from the movie rentals, TV shows and music downloads. To me this would be a better feature than using media server because a lot of people out there already have vast Itune library's and instead of having to convert videos to yet another movie format people will be able to use there existing library's.

I think people would even be prepared to buy this software in the form of a download for the PS3 Store.

Apple TV

Posted on Apr 26, 2008 9:50 PM

1 reply

May 2, 2008 1:36 PM in response to jigsaw1972

Apple is interested in selling hardware; that's where they make the bulk of their money. Reports are that Apple loses money on movie sales and rentals, so they probably would have little incentive to license their Apple TV software to another hardware vendor. You can make the suggestion to Apple through the feedback pages but I'd be very surprised if Apple would consider it, particularly since Sony is apparently developing a competing download media service.

Apple TV Software on the PlayStation 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.