Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Footnote Separator??

1593 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2008 10:04 AM by KOENIG Yvan RSS
Level 6 Level 6 (11,035 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 28, 2008 1:24 AM
Hello, sorry if this is a stupid question. Anybody knows how to modify/erase the footnote separator line that Pages adds automatically when choosing to put footnotes at the end of a section? In Word you can do it, although, as usual in Word, in a cumbersome way.

Thanks.

l.
Mac OS X (10.5.2)
  • Richard Sherlock Calculating status...
    May 19, 2008 5:48 AM (in response to Merged Content 1)
    This appears to be far from a stupid question as I have been trying to get Pages to do just this and dismally failed. So it's back to Word for the articles I'm currently writing as I cannot use or create the template needed.

Why Apple have you produced a program with such a glaring fault? Why the straight jacket, the inability to customise such a simple thing?

I look forward to anyone out there being able to correct this, or even Apple releasing a patch (but I wont hold my breath).
    iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.2)
  • Level 8 Level 8 (41,760 points)
    May 19, 2008 10:04 AM (in response to Richard Sherlock)
    Richard Sherlock wrote:
    I look forward to anyone out there being able to correct this, or even Apple releasing a patch (but I wont hold my breath).

It would be more efficient to use the official path to speak to Apple:

_Go to "Provide Pages Feedback" in the "Pages" menu_, describe what you wish.
    Then, cross your fingers, and wait _at least_ for iWork'09

Yvan KOENIG (from FRANCE lundi 19 mai 2008 19:04:15)
    To be the AW6 successor, iWork MUST integrate a TRUE DB, not a list organizer !, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.