Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Genealogy software

Hello,

I am using a macbook 2.16ghz 120gb with 10.5.2, and am looking to buy good genealogy software to record my family tree, and would be very grateful for any suggestions/comments and recommendations to help in my search.

I used to use "Who do you think you are" on the PC, but did not like it and now a mac convert, I want to use something better.

Many thanks for any help given.

Macbook White, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Apr 28, 2008 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2008 5:57 AM

Genealogy's not my thing but have a look at this bunch of software reviews.

http://genealogy.about.com/od/software_mac/
6 replies

May 15, 2008 5:57 PM in response to AndreTheGeek

I also use Reunion, and it has been around since the OS9 days. The forums on the LeisterPro website are frequented by the program developers, so it has a decent support system.

I have about 1,000 people in my tree, but I have seen Reunion handle family trees that are 20X mine... The only feature that I am not fond of is the website creation. I still run Linux in a virtual machine to use Gramps. I just like the way that Gramps formats for the web. Everything else in Reunion is the best that I have seen.

Steve

Genealogy software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.