Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Switch Left and Right Audio Channels?

Okay, so I am at college, I have my speakers set up on my desk. Considering the outlet configuration/other random wires I have pulled up and hidden, lets consider these speakers unmovable. Now, lets just say I play a DVD on my computer...Just as an example, say in the movie the ocean is on the left side of the screen. The waves are rolling in doing wave stuff, whatever, not the point. The problem/point of my question is that while the waves are rolling in on the left, the sound comes from the right. Very, very annoying. How do I fix this problem? Any insights into this matter are GREATLY appreciated. If another car drives through the frame left to right with audio going right to left I may just go crazy.

15" MacBookPro 1,1., Mac OS X (10.5.2), 250GB Ext. Lacie HD. 2x20GB RCA LYRA Drives. 30/8GB Video iPod/Nano

Posted on Apr 30, 2008 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2008 8:28 PM

Try Audio MIDI Setup (Utilities folder. Set "Properties For" to Line Output and click "Configure Speakers".

If that doesn't work, try using Audio Hijack Pro
<http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/>
It has a "Swap Channels" effect. It is not free, but the free trial should work fine if you are not recording.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2008 8:28 PM in response to X2THEBOX

Try Audio MIDI Setup (Utilities folder. Set "Properties For" to Line Output and click "Configure Speakers".

If that doesn't work, try using Audio Hijack Pro
<http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/>
It has a "Swap Channels" effect. It is not free, but the free trial should work fine if you are not recording.

How Do I Switch Left and Right Audio Channels?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.