Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding mustaches to photos?

Yes, it's true, I'm trying to find a way to add mustaches onto the faces of my nephews (ages 6 and 8) for a card I'm making. Is there any simple way to do this, if not in iPhoto 8 then some other program?

Just to clarify, I've got the photos in iPhoto, and I'd like to paint or draw little mustaches and then print them on photo paper. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks so much!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Apr 30, 2008 11:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2008 11:57 PM

Tracy

Not with iPhoto but perhaps with one of these: (Starting with the free one and moving on up)

Seashore
Graphic Coverter
Acorn
Photoshop Elements

You can set Photoshop (or any image editor) as an external editor in iPhoto. (Preferences -> General -> Edit Photo: Choose from the Drop Down Menu.) This way, when you double click a pic to edit in iPhoto it will open automatically in Photoshop or your Image Editor, and when you save it it's sent back to iPhoto automatically. This is the only way that edits made in another application will be displayed in iPhoto.

Regards

TD
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2008 11:57 PM in response to Tracy Harding1

Tracy

Not with iPhoto but perhaps with one of these: (Starting with the free one and moving on up)

Seashore
Graphic Coverter
Acorn
Photoshop Elements

You can set Photoshop (or any image editor) as an external editor in iPhoto. (Preferences -> General -> Edit Photo: Choose from the Drop Down Menu.) This way, when you double click a pic to edit in iPhoto it will open automatically in Photoshop or your Image Editor, and when you save it it's sent back to iPhoto automatically. This is the only way that edits made in another application will be displayed in iPhoto.

Regards

TD

May 1, 2008 9:49 AM in response to Yer_Man

Terence,

Thank you soooo much for your help! I went with Seashore and it was amazingly easy to work with the pencil and brush tools to add my little mustaches. My nephews will get a big kick out of this and you saved me from many frustrating hours searching the net (I looked around quite a bit before posting but couldn't find anything suitable).

I really appreciate this. Thanks!

Adding mustaches to photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.